Google Maps Not Working?? Widespread or just me?

Last Updated:

1. jaydotelloh

jaydotelloh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My maps and nav were working fine last night, but today for somereason it gets stuck on "getting directions" and wont load upthe maps... I've tried uninstallng but no luck.. I'm running BB v0.2.1...

Anyone else having issues?

Advertisement
  2. antron007

antron007 Active Member

I'm running stock 2.1-1 and am having issues myself so at least its not your rom.

I don't know if location has anything to do with it but I'm in Northwest Ohio.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. pbwhite

pbwhite Well-Known Member

Took a while for directions to pop up, but they eventually did - just over 2 minutes to get directions from Boston to Chicago.

4. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

yea i've been having problems too. mine says searching for gps satellite then just sits there.

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I've been having problems to

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. jaydotelloh

glad to know its not just me... im in western ny and really depend on google maps for my job and its taking 10 min to pull up directions. sometimes it pops up with "data connection lost" even with full 3g bars... im hoping this is a google problem and that it gets resolved QUICKLY...

7. ProcessorHog

ProcessorHog New Member

I'm in the Seattle area and it's dead slow. I had to factory reset my phone and thought that I broke something while I did it. It shows "loading" and takes a LONG time to load, a couple of times it even timed out saying that it needs a "working data connection". It used to be almost instantaneous the last time I checked (yesterday). I have a strong 4G signal here and still it takes forever. Good to know others are seeing the issue as well, I guess it's not just my phone.

8. matthew.k.taylor

matthew.k.taylor Member

i'm having the same issues in cincinnati

9. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

mine kept popping up with "lost data connection, retrying..." or something like that... which I thought was funny, since I was streaming music from last.fm at the same time. It seemed like it had a solid GPS lock, though. Losing data connection would sort of make sense for not loading the maps and taking a super long time to load up directions, which is what mine was doing.

10. peskemom

peskemom Member

I'm here in San Diego with a rooted 2.2 and have the same Google map problems for about 10 days....:(

11. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Google is doing.. something.. Incredibles are having the same issue, and gmail push isn't 100%, either.. Give it a little while and they should have it straightened out (I hope)

12. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member

This is one of the things that actually bothers me about how open source the Android OS is. I must get a half dozen "program updates available" every week, which can be a pain to constantly install. And, when Google Maps updates, something noticeable ALWAYS changes (I know that's the point of the updates, but that's not what I mean). For instance, sometimes Maps will orient my map with my travel direction up and sometimes North up on the screen, and this changes from install to install. Other interface things have changed as well, but I can't think of anything in particular right now.

I love that developers can create some amazing software, I just wish there weren't so many minor changes requiring update installs.

13. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Devs usually showcase their new features, and embed options to change the new features in the settings, but I agree, it can be a little annoying. I usually just ignore most of the notifications and just update once a week instead.

14. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member

I've started doing exactly that on software that updates too frequently.

15. davieboynj

davieboynj Member

Nav was very inconsistent for me today... unfortunately, i picked today to leave my normal gps at home, thinking that i prefer google nav.

oops.

ended up sitting on the side of the road looking up directions in mapquest. ugh.

16. jaydotelloh

Maps and nav were back to normal for me today, hopefully it stays reliable!

17. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Active Member

Glad it's not just me getting that error! I just activated a replacement phone and I was afraid I was going to have to send it back. Delaware seems to be having similar GMaps problems.

18. Damademan3

Damademan3 Well-Known Member

Was having the issue until i uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled them. Now im working perfectly. 2.2 FRF84B rom

19. MiBFTo

MiBFTo Member

I've been having this problem myself the last day or two. Even for addresses that I get directions to and from on a regular basis, I'm on the "getting directions" screen for up to five minutes.

Hopefully an update will fix it, and soon.

20. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

I't been a little clunky lately, but eventually it works.