1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Google Maps: Pinch to Zoom

1. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Legend purchase... :cool:

Several reviews have hinted there is no pinch to zoom on Google Maps :(; fair enough - though is this feature arriving soon?

Or is it something that is simply not going to happen?

Any other users had much luck with 'brut r6'? Have read this is a good alternative and allows for pinch to zoom...
    Does it differ in any way from the original Google Maps?

Any insight appreciated :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

3. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

Google maps doesn't do this as standard but its an issue with the app rather than the phone.

I've not messed around trying to get it working though as it doesn't bother me at all especially given that there are zoom controls in the bottom corner of the screen which I'd probably just use anyway either way...

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
    c_man likes this.
  4. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, as a non Legend owner its nice to know: 1] zoom on maps is still possible 2] its an app issue not a phone/hardware issue
  5. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

6. macnpaul

macnpaul Active Member

I debranded my Legend over the weekend and it now has 2.03.405.3. I just tried Google Maps and I can indeed pinch & zoom.
  7. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Mines de-branded as it is - I bought it off contract. Confused :confused:
  8. macnpaul

macnpaul Active Member

Well I bought the Legend off eBay about a week ago, whilst it was unlocked (I could use any sim) it was from Vodafone and still had the Vodafone splash screen and other stuff.

It had 1.32.xxx.x which I understand to be Vodafone's version of the firmware, and as any future updates would have had to rely on Vodafone getting their act together I decided to create a gold card and install version 2.03.405.3.

So now it has none of Vodafones branding and hopefuly I will get any future updates directly from HTC (rather than waiting for Vodafone).
  9. macnpaul

macnpaul Active Member

One thing I still can't get working at all is Google Earth, which is a minor dissapointment.
  10. mathyou51

mathyou51 Member

Strangely, when I got my phone (vodafone) pinch zoom worked in maps. There was an update to the maps application and it no longer worked...