Google Maps Update w/Night Mode But You Won't Get it

Last Updated:

1. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Let us simply say that we are being OFFICIALLY dissed now by everyone. Android Version 1.5 (cupcake) is no longer supported.

Here is what we will miss in the Google Maps update: Google Maps Mobile 3.4 - which finally brings multitouch - (pinch to zoom) - to Google Maps Mobile (Must have Android 2.0 or greater). Additional updates are the support for starred items from google.com, which are now synced with Google Maps Mobile, as well as search suggestions from maps including the desktop Google Maps search history. Google Maps Navigation (only available in certain countries) now supports night mode navigation.

Advertisement
  2. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

Well if/when Samsung upgrades the Behold 2 to Android 2.0/2.1 we should be able to download the updates via the Market... Question is if/when!! More of when though!

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I've lost all faith in Samsung/TMO giving us an update. It seems that because of lackluster sales with the Behold II, they have wriiten us off as a beta project gone sour. Their mindset is probably not to throw away any more good money on bad money. It's really dissapointing considering that they didn't even promote the Behold II to begin with and now all they can give us to appease our wrath is a blanket response like "there ar no further updates at this time".

If 2.0/2.1 doesn't get here by summer latest, I've already considered jumping to the next available Iphone ship that rolls into town via TMO. I don't really want to fall into the apple cloud but at least they boast a finished product.

4. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We can now safely add Google Buzz to the mix of things we WON'T be getting. Buzz only supports OS 2.0 and above.