Google Maps with Multitouch

Last Updated:

1. mainecrab

mainecrab New Member This Topic's Starter

I am using senseable rom on my phone. But I noticed that the maps and navigation do not allow pinch to zoom even though it is a rooted image. Is there a way to install the correct one that will allow this?

Advertisement
  2. toddsts

toddsts Member

First post...did a search, same question. I just rooted to get 2.1 thinking I would get multitouch zoom on Google Maps after the upgrade. I went to the market and upgraded to the latest version (4.1.1) but no multitouch zoom. Any word on this? I know the Droid and Nexus 1 have it right?

Thanks.

Todd

3. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

No one has this on the 2.1 leaks or roms from what I understand. But it looks like its one of the changes in the OTA update coming soon. So, I'm sure the devs will add that to their roms when its released.

toddsts likes this.
  4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

There are a few ROMs with pinch zoom Google Maps, including Evil Eris 2.0 and KaosLegendary. I have tried moving all of the maps-related files and frameworks to our phone (rooted) to see if I can make a basic Eris 2.1 ROM have pinch zoom maps, but with 0 success so far.

Once the actual OTA comes out, Verizon says it will have pinch zoom Maps. So, at that point, we will be able to have Pinch Zoom in Google Maps. Very soon.

toddsts likes this.