• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps without 3G?

fliptwister

Mar 25, 2010
Is there anyway to get maps without having 3G? I was recently in Yosemite National Park and I was unable to get any maps. Is there any way to download maps to use with Google Maps before going to a a remote area? Are there any other programs out there for using GPS with a map when in remote area?

edit: Please disregard this post. Sorry. I should have looked over in apps forum first. Doooh!

Thanks!

well you could try my tracks, it tracks you with out 3g, and when you get back to a coverage area the maps displays where you have been. If you were to pull up the maps before you go in to no service area then the map would still be displayed but once you try to move the map or zoom in or out you loose it. so you could try to "Cache" the area of map you want???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones