• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I have some Google Map questions:

1. How do I clear out a previous navigation destination from my map? I am not talking about the addresses that are in history, I am talking about the actual map. For example, the other day I put in an address and it directed me to the location. The next day I put in a new address but the old navigation map was still on my screen. I had to choose MY LOCATION so the screen refreshed then it directed me to the new location.

2. If I hit MY LOCATION then slide my screen around to show a new location, is there a way I can place a marker on the screen, then navigate to that marker from my current location?

3. Is there a way I can lock in my Home or work address?

4. I thought there was a night option for google maps? No? If it is, where is it?

Thanks

1. Besides hitting Back, another option is go into the layers menu and turn off the layers for markers or directions to previous destinations. There is an option under Labs to have a Layers button on the map at all times.

2. Agree on the long press.

3. Usually, the default location for Maps is your current location. You can, however, save a Directions & Navigation shortcut for your home or work on your home screen. Just long press on a blank spot on your home screen, select Shortcuts...Directions & Navigation, and enter the address. Pressing this shortcut will provide you with directions from your current location to that address.

4. The night option automatically activates only in Navigation mode. I believe that is based on time of day and your current location, but it may use the ambient light sensor as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones