Google MapsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. elbmek

elbmek Well-Known Member

Using google maps on my galaxy, I inadvertently added a star onto a road, how the hell do I remove it??? :mad:

2. JonnyDroid

JonnyDroid Active Member

Although I don't use the Ace myself (just browsing this forum because my father just got one), I would assume the interface is standard for Android.
    If so, tap on the Google logo in the top left corner (just left of the search box) it brings up a menu which includes "My Places" - tap on this & then long press the one you wish to remove - you will then be given the option to delete it.
    elbmek likes this.
  3. elbmek

elbmek Well-Known Member

Jonny - brilliant - thank you. the only other problem is googles fault. It keeps telling me I live in a different house, but opposite!!!
  4. JonnyDroid

JonnyDroid Active Member

You're welcome :)

With your other problem, is it wrong when you search for your address or are you talking about the app finding your current location using GPS/WiFi/mobile network?

If it is the former, then there is information on how to correct it here (Not sure if you might need to use the PC version to report problems etc): Fix an error on Google Maps - Maps Help

If it is the latter, the accuracy is variable depending on which location method is being used.
  5. elbmek

elbmek Well-Known Member

Nav: When I arrive, it speak, "you have reached your destination, it is on the right' - no its not, its on the left!
  6. awaisarooq33

awaisarooq33 New Member

How i download map of italy on my android 2.2 so that i will be able to use the map without internet.
    Please help me
  7. elbmek

elbmek Well-Known Member

When I want to use map without internet, I just click on map symbol and map opens. you can then scroll left, right, up and down without it going online. I think.