Google Market on Archos 70 Internet Tablet (and other Gen 8 devices)

Last Updated:

1. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

You do not have to have root to get a better market.

Android Market Installation - gAppsInstaller v4

Originally posted by kenyu73 @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867303

gAppsInstaller_v4 Archos Devices Only

WARNING: You cannot install this appInstaller if you installed gApps4Archos or any other gApps installer. Anytime you switch appInstaller programs, you MUST reset your device back to stock. If you've NEVER installed ANY market/gApps installer, then your good... no need to reset.

NOTE: If you've ONLY used my appInstaller, then you can REMOVE the old files using my app and re-install the apps at the same time, then REBOOT. If you still get Market issues, sorry.. you MUST reset your device and install this fresh.Honeslty, I'd recommend a reset and install v4 from a fresh install.

This includes only the Market, Calendar, Talk, GenieWidget and "required gSync" files. Any apps that are in the Froyo Market are NOT included. Honestly, this is better as it makes a smaller appInstaller package and its more compatible.
    You can download the following from the Market -- Gmail, VoiceSearch, YouTube and Maps(Navigation)

SUMMARY Stable Market, no GUI defect Misc market apps do not FC (OSMonitor, WeatherBug, TweetDeck, etc) Voice Search works, but infamously badly (does some weird full screen thingy) Still no Protected Apps in Market - BAD (dont know of a workaround for this, sorry.)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: WARNING: You cannot install this appInstaller if you installed gApps4Archos or any other gApps installer. Anytime you switch appInstaller programs, you MUST reset your device back to stock. If you've NEVER installed ANY market/gApps installer, then your good... no need to reset.

NOTE: If you've ONLY used THIS appInstaller, then you can REMOVE the old files using THE SAME app and re-install the apps at the same time, then REBOOT. If you still get Market issues, sorry.. you MUST reset your device and install this fresh.Honeslty, I'd recommend a reset and install v4 from a fresh install.

Download - http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list
    Copy download to your device via USB (if you didnt download directly using your Archos)
    Use 'Files' app to locate gAppsInstaller, then execute/install it
    Choose install core apps or choose to install your own packaged 'apps.zip' file located on the internal drive (not sdcard). There maybe a short delay after you tap an install button (its installing and you'll be notified when its done, about 5-10 seconds)
    REBOOT!!

Follow the Market FIX instructions below
    MARKET FIX: This will get you most missing apps from the market, except some "protect market apps" like NYTimes.
    Setting-->Applicaions-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
    Setting-->Applicaions-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')
    REBOOT again
    Watch Market Fix video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=player_embedded#

Advertisement
    jsloan1223 likes this.
  2. dougeeebear

dougeeebear Member

Thank you for this.
    This fix worked perfectly for me on my Archos 43.
    I can't believe no one else has replied.
    Well done! :)
  3. jsloan1223

jsloan1223 New Member

These instructions worked great on my archos 70. Thank you, UBRocked. :)
  4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

NP! I didnt come up with it... just reposting :) Glad it worked.