• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Market/Play pet peeve - can't remove old devices

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
For people who haven't had many handsets/devices yet this is not really an issue. This issue is for people like me who've had many devices tied to their market accounts and they can't be removed from the account! :mad:

Also, the app history annoys me, I'd like to be able to remove apps from my history/installed list as well.

/rant

Thats it, that's their solution to the situation...not ours. Lets say you do create another gmail account (not thinking how to have all your installed apps transfer from one account to the other) and you installed a few more apps, but then decide not to use them - you are no better off now.. than you were before.

Upvote 0
Thats it, that's their solution to the situation...not ours. Lets say you do create another gmail account (not thinking how to have all your installed apps transfer from one account to the other) and you installed a few more apps, but then decide not to use them - you are no better off now.. than you were before.

You move the purchased apps by contacting the developer and begging to have it transferred or repurchase the app. You then have one account for email and one for apps. If you you end up in the same situation you start the process all over again.

There were tons of market complaint threads, one was a 100+ pages, about market/app/devices on the official market support forum but Google killed the forum last month. Probably because it made them look bad.

Upvote 0
I have been looking for a way to remove old devices as well. I had to RMA my Asus Transformer and returned my LG Optimus Elite and couldn't figure out why none of my apps I installed from the Play web interface were never installing, it had them sent to devices I no longer own.

I did sort that out, but every time I install a new rom onto my Transformer it puts the old one as the one I want to have stuff download and not the one I currently own.

Amazon has added the ability to delete old apps and devices, I wish Google would too.

I have thought about doing one google account for email and one google account for apps/devices. But if you have more than one google account on a device it ties that device to that account regardless of downloading anything or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones