Google marketplace, talk and gmail not functioning after rom flash

Last Updated:

1. kelimandya

kelimandya New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I recently flashed sapphire 1.0.0, frozen yogurt, bugless beast 0.4 with clockwork mod recovery V 2.0.1.3, and had success with all roms above, except for the fact that in sapphire, i'm greeted by the droid setup tutorial, which is completely non-responsive, (I remove the setupwizard.apk from the Gapps .zip which causes it to set up without a hitch), and in all of the mentioned roms, when I attempt to use gmail, gtalk, or the market they all crash on startup. In the market I see a hint of the EULA before im booted back to the home screen. I'm coming from 2.2 build number "voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys" any help is much appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

did you wipe?

3. kelimandya

kelimandya New Member This Topic's Starter

no I didnt, I guess i'm going to have to. Will it erase my nandroid backups and SD card?

4. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

the "wipe data/factory reset" option in Clockwork Recovery formats the Data partition, personally I also wipe the "boot" and "system" partitions (via the "partitions" menu) every time I install a new rom

These options do not touch your SDCard or your nandroids (which are stored on your sd card)

It is always a good Idea to wipe before a ROM flash (kernels you do not wipe for) because it eliminates the possibility of conflicting system files and what not.

it does however delete all your internal data (apps, wifi locations, bluetooth pairings) so it behooves you to invest in a backup app like Titanium Backup for your apps and data!