Google Movies Question

1. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking about buying the Avengers off the Play Store. My question is if I download it can I download it again for free or do I have to pay for it again?

Advertisement
  2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

If you buy, it will be in the cloud.

if you rent, then you'll have 24 hours to watch, after you start to view. once the time runs out, you'll need to rent again if you wish to watch.
    ocnbrze and sfbloodbrother like this.
  3. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Ah but can I download it to my device? Sorry never bought a movie from the store before.
  4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You can download it. Once it shows in the Play Movie app you can pin it for offline viewing and it will download it to the phone or tablet. The only time there is a restriction is on rooted phones, no sure if that still exists though.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

I have a rooted phone (non CM ROM) And I still have the Movies&TV in the Play Store
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Google Wallet can tell if you're rooted - unless you go in and disable Superuser while using it - then it can't.

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet the same might apply to movies.
  7. OfTheDamned

While rooted you can still buy and stream movies, there is/was a block on downloading them though. Downloading is/was the only thing affected. You might be able to disable superuser or use voodoo root keeper though I haven't tried it.
  8. EarlyMon

With SuperuserSU, it's an on off switch.
  9. OfTheDamned

Really? I guess I never noticed that.
  10. EarlyMon

At some point, I'll get the name right, lol, but here's the switch -

uploadfromtaptalk1349480927216.jpg
  11. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Are CM ROMs users the only ones who can't access Movies?
  12. OfTheDamned

It is/was for anyone rooted. It has nothing to do with CM. I had trouble on my Nexus and never had CM.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah it works on my rooted evo lte. the only thing i can't do at the moment is watch it using the htc media link that i bought so i can mirror the movie to my tv. hopefully somebody will be able to hack it so that i can watch it on my tv.
  14. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Ah ok. Thought it was just CM ROMs. So it's just random. Some can use it some can't.