Google Music App Won't InstallSupport

Last Updated:

1. tardman91

tardman91 Well-Known Member

I just got my Google Music invite and I'm in the process of uploading my library. While I was waiting I tried to install the Google Music app on my N1. It downloads, then tries to install itself and then I get the message Installation unsuccessful. Application cannot be installed in the default install location. My phone is completely stock. Not rooted or anything. It's running 2.3.4 GRJ22 with Launcher Pro. What's going on here?

Advertisement
  2. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

try rebooting the phone? or try force stopping the market and re-opening it
  3. tardman91

Tried both of those. I cleared market data, unmounted and re mounted the sd card.
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you have enough internal memory space? I know the music app is quite large. Make sure it's loaded on the internal memory and you have like 20+mb free of space. I get the error when I am down on my memory.
  5. tardman91

I have about 50 mb of free space. This is just really puzzling. How do I make sure something is installed on the phone rather than the memory card?
  6. tardman91

Found this over at XDA in case anyone else is having similar trouble. It solved my problem.
  7. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Music showed up this morning, installs fine with my default location changed to SD Card on a Nexus One. It can't find the market page for it though, I guess it knows I'm not in the US.
  8. Kahil

Kahil Member

for me it installs...but it doesn't show up as installed in the Market. Just appears as thought it isn't installed...but it actually is. I've tried uninstalling, clearing data, etc. Nothing works.