• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Music Offload to SD works just fine on S4

It's not about playing music off the SD, it's about 'pinning' purchased music (offline play). Until now or always used the internal storage, but now you can change the settings so it stores it on external SD cards.

Ah, thank you for the clarification, Gomjaba! That was not clearly specified in the original post.

Upvote 0
You are not on stock then or are you on GE? Changelog mentions that on KitKat only.

Stock. If you read the fine print, it says "support for some older...."

I gave it a shot, and nothing happened. Bummer...I thought.. Then after 30 min (maybe longer?? maybe after a reboot??) I noticed an icon in my notification bar at the top. When I pulled it down, it said "moving to SD...."

OUTSTANDING!!!

And as stated, it's about playing "pinned/offline enabled" songs purchased from Google Music. If you're not rooted, you can't select the songs from the android/data.... folder. It's not even visible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones