Google Music won't open after update

1. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Well-Known Member

There was an update today to Google Play music, after installing the update I can't get it to open. I am not sure if this is related to root? I have Liquid Smooth 1.5 and i tried un-installing and re-installing and fixing permissions with no luck.... any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jaredd130

jaredd130 New Member

Im running the same ROM and having the same problem. I dont think its ROM related though because there are a ton of reviews in the Play store pertaining to this and they are on other devices running either stock unrooted ROMs or something other that Liquid. I personally hope Google looks into this asap.
    Laxstar785 likes this.
  3. Laxstar785

thanks I actually didn't think of checking the reviews on the play store.... at least I am not alone this seems kind of ridiculous for google to release and update when it does this on so many devices. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Thanks again
  4. bcote311

bcote311 Well-Known Member

I am on AOKP build 40 and mine works fine after I got the update about an hour ago
  5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

it happened to me yesterday, i updated google music and it would no longer open, i rebooted same thing, booted to recovery, and wiped dalvik and cache partition, then it opened... might be something to try
  6. viebroccoli

viebroccoli Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Running LiquidSmooth v1.5 and Play Music won't open. Just gave your method a shot and didn't work out :(. I'm hoping I can find a solution before I go to the gym in the next 8 hours.
  7. Laxstar785