• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
... Anyone know how to upload music to google music on the xoom?

I was just wondering that myself. I just got the invite and it seems like the model is to allow having the music on your pc/mac available - but I have music I bought that is only on my Xoom. I know I can copy it via usb or wifi - but I thought I would be able to sync all my music.

Upvote 0
I think you can only add files using the Music Manager app, I don't think you can add from the site itself...

So all my music is added... I shouldn't delete my music library at home, right? I can't seem to figure out how to download my files if I needed to. So Music Beta isn't my primary music storage. boo.

Upvote 0
Still no invite. :( My main question is, how do you add songs you purchase on the device? Do you have to buy an mp3 from Amazon, download it to the Xoom, then add it to the Music app? How does that work? If that's the case it'd have to be WAY better than Amazon, cause the's kinda a pain considering Amazon I can buy/add new songs with one click, and the space doesn't even count against my quota.

Upvote 0
Just got my invite today for both my xoom and wifey's. Spent the last few hours uploading and messing around with the software. So far I like some of the playlist stuff, but you can only play the songs on one device at a time. Overall it is pimp that I can house my whole collection online and stream from the xoom or my incredible.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else experienced EXTREMELY slow uploads? I setup my account a day or two ago and I'm still only at like 1500 tracks uploaded (though some are very long audiobook tracks).

Does it make sense that my 20gig iTunes collection is probably only 1/3 the way uploaded? Or is it more likely my lame ISP?

Upvote 0
Has anyone else experienced EXTREMELY slow uploads? I setup my account a day or two ago and I'm still only at like 1500 tracks uploaded (though some are very long audiobook tracks).

Does it make sense that my 20gig iTunes collection is probably only 1/3 the way uploaded? Or is it more likely my lame ISP?

It took me a couple of days to upload about 2000 songs to mine. Other than my DSL having a rather slow upload speed, I downgraded the manager ap to a lower transfer rate. I found that running it at "fastest possible" rate during the day was killing my DSL bandwidth... and since I work from home several days a month this made work difficult, to say the least.

I sent feedback about this to Google... but only received an automated response.

Upvote 0
Are there any advantages of this over amazon's cloud player?
Yes. This automatically scans your music folders for new stuff, and uploads it seamlessly.

As far as I know, you have to log into Amazon and upload anything new you add to your collection (that you didn't purchase from Amazon; Amazon purchases are added automatically).

Also, Google offers 20,000 songs free, whereas Amazon has a 5GB limit (20GB if you buy one album off them).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones