Google Music

1. grimreaver

grimreaver New Member

I was just wondering that myself. I just got the invite and it seems like the model is to allow having the music on your pc/mac available - but I have music I bought that is only on my Xoom. I know I can copy it via usb or wifi - but I thought I would be able to sync all my music.
  2. NTexican

NTexican Member

From my understanding you can only upload from the website.
  3. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

I think you can only add files using the Music Manager app, I don't think you can add from the site itself...

So all my music is added... I shouldn't delete my music library at home, right? I can't seem to figure out how to download my files if I needed to. So Music Beta isn't my primary music storage. boo.
  4. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Still no invite. :( My main question is, how do you add songs you purchase on the device? Do you have to buy an mp3 from Amazon, download it to the Xoom, then add it to the Music app? How does that work? If that's the case it'd have to be WAY better than Amazon, cause the's kinda a pain considering Amazon I can buy/add new songs with one click, and the space doesn't even count against my quota.
  5. donnie666

donnie666 New Member

I have been using the Google Music Beta since last week and I love it.
  6. billbunton

billbunton Active Member

I signed up Friday, I think, and got my music uploaded. Works pretty well, except I've noticed just about every album has one or two songs missing.
  7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

finally got my invite today !
  8. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

I signed up for it minutes after the announcement and only received the invite yesterday (WiFi only).
  9. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Just got my invite today for both my xoom and wifey's. Spent the last few hours uploading and messing around with the software. So far I like some of the playlist stuff, but you can only play the songs on one device at a time. Overall it is pimp that I can house my whole collection online and stream from the xoom or my incredible.
  10. Just got my invite. Messing around in there. We'll see.
  11. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

I've had the invite for awhile now and i like it. And the free stuff isn't so bad, they have some good stuff - Warrant, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick and some Big Band and R&B -- stuff I like.
  12. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I don't have a Xoom, but I got my invite yesterday. I really like it, especially the make available offline part. Very handy.
  13. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Well-Known Member

How do I get the music to be available offline?
  14. lowboydrvr

lowboydrvr Well-Known Member

Menu>Settings ...Put the check in "Download via Wi-Fi only" (this will download music for availability offline only via Wi-Fi).
    BigKayDaddy likes this.
  15. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Has anyone else experienced EXTREMELY slow uploads? I setup my account a day or two ago and I'm still only at like 1500 tracks uploaded (though some are very long audiobook tracks).

Does it make sense that my 20gig iTunes collection is probably only 1/3 the way uploaded? Or is it more likely my lame ISP?
  16. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Not really too slow, I uploaded about 2500 songs overnight the other night and it was done before I woke up the next morning.
  17. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Took 4 full days for me. 13,000 songs
  18. BiGMERF

Wow that alot..... lol
  19. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

It took me a couple of days to upload about 2000 songs to mine. Other than my DSL having a rather slow upload speed, I downgraded the manager ap to a lower transfer rate. I found that running it at "fastest possible" rate during the day was killing my DSL bandwidth... and since I work from home several days a month this made work difficult, to say the least.

I sent feedback about this to Google... but only received an automated response.
  20. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

13,000, geez. I have 9, not 9,000 or 900, just 9. Buts it a hell of a good 9 songs :)
    kennychaffin likes this.
  21. mched

mched Well-Known Member

Mine took almost 3 days to load 925 songs from iTunes.
  22. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Are there any advantages of this over amazon's cloud player?
  23. Yes. This automatically scans your music folders for new stuff, and uploads it seamlessly.

As far as I know, you have to log into Amazon and upload anything new you add to your collection (that you didn't purchase from Amazon; Amazon purchases are added automatically).

Also, Google offers 20,000 songs free, whereas Amazon has a 5GB limit (20GB if you buy one album off them).
  24. BiGMERF

i finally got around to trying to dl music about 1500 songs, after 3 hours not one song dl'ed. any ideas?
  25. LIH

LIH Active Member

plus you can tag music right on the site. not so with amazon, where you have to d/l, tag, then re-upload