Google Music

1. Dan1113

Dan1113 Well-Known Member

I thought this was only for the US but it downloaded onto my phone and is now how my phone plays music. I can't figure out how to make a song a ringtone on this though. Before I would just hold it and an option would come up, but now I don't see it anywhere.

Any help?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member

Only way to make a ringtone with the current google music app (that I know of) is to manually put stuff in a Ringtones directory. Canadian google music doesn't get the cloud streaming yet
  3. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

I am not sure what Google music is, but I use the stock Nexus S player, select the track intended for my ringtone and then press the menu button, followed by use as ringtone - hey presto, the ringtone is added to your system ringtone library.
  4. Dan1113

Dan1113 Well-Known Member

Yes that is how it used to be on my phone, too -- however the stock music player on my Nexus S got replaced with the new Google Music app during a recent app update.
  5. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the new Google Music app replaces the stock music app regardless of where you are, but only the regions with the Google Music Beta available will be able to stream from the cloud.

As far as ringtones are concerned. I suggest using something like RingDroid: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ringdroid&feature=search_result

It lets you turn just about any audio file into a ringtone, notification, or alarm. It also gives you basic editing features.
  6. mts

mts New Member

yep, ringdroid is pretty simple
  7. meso100

meso100 Well-Known Member

+1 for RingDroid