Google Nav Decimates The Battery

Last Updated:

1. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Plugged into the car charger is still discharges at nearly 20% per hour when using Google Navigation.

I would be interested to hear if this is common to everyone. Battery use on the Desire has had very mixed reports and I am one of those who struggles to get a full day out of a single charge. Slightly ironic really because when I had my Hero I was one those people "helping" others with pointless suggestions of how to save battery as I could easily get two days out of a charge.

Advertisement
  2. spirit44

spirit44 Member

I used the navigation for an hour yesterday to try it out, was very good. Had phone plugged into car charger, battery didn't drain nor increase during the hour. Different chargers have varying output, right?

3. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, but it is the power source that is the main difference i.e. usb, mains, car. There will probably be small variations between car chargers but nothing to get excited about

4. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

I previously purchased a cigarette charger with a USB plug and it was like that.

Try purchasing integrated ones - I got this one - and its fine now

5. marshalex

marshalex Well-Known Member

it depends as most generic usb chargers only output 500ma where as the desire charger outputs 1a, twice as much as the generic chargers so it may be worth investigating a high output usb charger to keep you going