Google Nav IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been enjoying Google Nav recently now that the GPS on my phone has decided to cooperate finally.
    However, I've been running into a few problems with Google Nav and I'm trying to figure out if it's a software issues or if my phone is acting up.

I've had my phone "restart" one me two times while using google nav. There is no warning, phone's screen blacks out and suddenly it is scanning for media on SDs and shows the no signal/searching for signal symbols similar to right when the phone is booted.

Also, while in google nav, a few times the program will just lock up while navigating and be stuck on a turn, just totally frozen.

I realize this could lead to possibly dangerous situations while driving around an unfamiliar area and would like some feedback if anybody is a regular google nav user.

Advertisement
  2. wildblue

wildblue Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of phone freezes as well, in Google Nav but also some other programs. No idea where the bug might be, whether it's HW or SW. So far I've resisted the temptation to do a factory reset since that would entail a lot of setup work afterwards and the freezes are infrequent, but if it gets a lot worse I may have to try it.

3. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in exactly the same boat as your wildblue.
    Yesterday night, I triggered a freeze/restart by browsing web and using the Yelp app.
    It happens infrequent enough that I don't feel the need to factory reset, but it is annoying.

Keep us updated.