• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Navigation Beta "Go Home" button

obronie

Lurker
Jul 25, 2012
I am sure there is a easy answer but Google is not my friend anymore. I have Navigations(Beta) installed on my S2 with ICS. When I start it, it gives the "Go Home" shortcut. I would like to update the location of my home. It only allows to change the name under settings and not the actual location.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks for welcome.

When I am opening Navigation then one of the button options is "go home", however this takes me to another location (I bought is secondhand) of the previous owner. My other places from Maps does show on it, just not my home address. I will however play with this a bit.

I just know I will reread this post in years time and think, oh my......

Upvote 0
I know this is 6 mos after the OP but I just had this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I tried all the above with no luck. While I was trying to figure it out I opened Google Navigation and the opening page has 3 "tabs", (Starred, Shortcuts & Contacts). Go to the "Starred" tab and hit the menu button, it will give you a "set home address" choice.

Cheers

Reactions: Boss-Hog
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones