• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google navigation missing?

knappkd

Jan 26, 2011
PA
I am afraid google navigation will be missing from this phone. AT&T's website is saying that googleMaps(not navigator) will be installed along with AT&T navigator. If AT&T is wanting their 9.99 per month for AT&T navigator I can see them blocking googles.

I am afraid google navigation will be missing from this phone. AT&T's website is saying that googleMaps(not navigator) will be installed along with AT&T navigator. If AT&T is wanting their 9.99 per month for AT&T navigator I can see them blocking googles.

Google Maps is Google Nav. It's built in. That's what makes the Map app so awesome. Places w/reviews and Navigation all built into the Maps app.

Upvote 0
Google Maps is Google Nav. It's built in. That's what makes the Map app so awesome. Places w/reviews and Navigation all built into the Maps app.

The only problem being with how bad Google Maps get addresses wrong and rarely, if ever, cleans up bad addresses. Granted, I still use the piss out of it, but it would be nice if they would at least try to clean it up.

Upvote 0
Google navigator is no longer available and has been replaced by Google Maps. Check it out. It's not bad.

It depends what you mean by "not bad". I tried using google maps to navigate. First I told it I wanted to go "Home". (There is no home button.) It wanted to take me to Home Depot. Then I looked for my recent destinations. Apparently it doesn't have that feature either. So then I typed in my home address as the destination. But after that, I could not find a button to press to actually start my journey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones