Google Navigation no longer works properly :(

1. f1madman

f1madman New Member

Since I bought my HTC Desire Z in January 2011 (almost 2 years now) Google maps and navigation have been amazing. Infact I didn't know how good it was until my Satnav got stolen around Easter 2011.

Anyway recently it has been almost useless, with it never properly being able to locate my position, It roughly knows where I am but doesn't go into the driving first person view anymore. Just hovers over the blue dot from birds eye view.

I uninstalled all the maps update, since maps/navigation has been running slower and getting glitchy over the past few months, which I suppose my phone just cant keep up with the level of software these days.

However even with the updates uninstalled google nav fails to go into first person view had has a circle around the dot signifying it roughly knows where I am but not confidently enough to give me turn by turn directions.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I've reset my phone numerous times. Previously if I had problems with maps I'd just reset the phone and it'll work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums :)

Otherwise i have moved this thread into Android Applications forum since you are talking about the Google Nav app.

Hope you get the help you are looking for!