Google Navigation ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Anthony0822

Anthony0822 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 29, 2010
    I use my Droid Google navigation for work. Up to 6 on-site calls a day. My location on Google Maps is usually accurate to 4 meters. Today as i was driving in rural area, using GNav, I noticed that it was showing my location about 100 feet to my right. Looked like i was driving on grass. I thought maybe its the area. (South NJ) I restarted my phone but it continued for most of the day. Even when I was driving on the same highway I always drive on. It puts me on streets thats to the right of me. It keeps rerouting thinking I'm on those streets. I used my tricorder app to see satellites signals. I'm not sure how many i'm supposed to pickup. I'm seeing about 5-6 SAT. Anyone knows why my GPS or GNav is screwed up? Could it be a hardware problem?

Much Appreciated

2. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    The Droid uses A-GPS, or assisted GPS, which means that it uses cell towers to more quickly triangulate your location. It could have been some sort of glitch with the cell towers in the rural location you were in. In any case, try doing a roam update (dial *228, hit send, select option 2, wait for the phone to do its thing.) See if that helps. :)