Google Navigation - voice not loud enoughSupport

Last Updated:

1. Uker

Uker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just used Nav in my car while listening to my radio (FM non-Droid radio).

Nav worked fine but I could not hear the Nav's voice turn-by-turn instructions. The radio drowned them out.

I realize Nav is still in beta. But there is no place to send this bug/suggestion to the developers.

Help?

Advertisement
  2. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Try turning the radio down. Just a suggestion, not a flame.

3. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

I use my Motorola Bluetooth device speaker and it is loud. Clip it to the visor right above me and the turn by turn directions are loud and clear. Just a suggestion.

4. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member

Plug it into the stereo yo, and use the built-in radio or stream some stuff. Then it'll be nice and loud and the radio will be interrupted for directions.

I tel ya, it's fun to impress your friends by getting GPS directions while listening to France Inter (French radio station) over the Internet.

5. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Just another thing to check have you turned the volume down on your speakerphone?

6. Uker

Thanks for all your suggestions (especially the "turn the radio down" - thanks Mom).

In general the volume level on everything is too low on the Droid X, especially when outside or in a noisy indoor environment.

All the volume levels are set to MAX on my Droid X.

Yes, I could plug into the AUX input of my car radio, but then I lose my Sirius car radio.

Can't have everything, eh?

Could have overall louder volume though.

7. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

The speaker volume on the phone is just 1 of 2 things that bother me about this phone. The other being the mediocre camera. I hope they can come out with an update that will address this since it should be audible out of the box.

8. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Does the GPS voice navigation have voice options? Male/Female/USenglish etc..

9. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

I dont use it through the radio, and its too loud to me. I usually turn it down to about 75% volume. I dont think its a fluke, my wife has an X too and its the same thing. We just leave it in the dashboard holder and we can have the radio on and nav without a problem. Either the device is not working 100% or its time to get a hearing check.

10. Uker

In response to AfAngryWarrior... I think you are one of the lucky ones who got a Droid X with a good speaker/internal amplifier.

Look at the history of this volume/speaker issue. Droid X owners are completely polarized on it. Either they say the volume is terribly sub par or they are overjoyed with the performance.

11. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

Some DXs may have some volume issues but expecting the voice navigation from any phone to overcome a typical car stereo system seems to perhaps be expecting a bit much.

12. redgtconv

redgtconv Well-Known Member

How do you do that? I have a Bluetooth speaker on my visor also ( which is very loud), which I use for phone calls. How do I make the GPS work through the Bluetooth. I am also one of those people complaining about hearing the directions thru the device. I had my radio off (which I didn't like) and I had to tell my wife to keep quiet (which I did like) and I still had to hold the phone near me to hear and underdstand the directions.

13. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Sadly no... one Droid... presently one voice!