1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Navigstion options

Last Updated:

1. joela85

joela85 Member This Topic's Starter

I think google maps/nav is great, the only problem i have with it is choosing my route or puttin via points in, is there anyway of doing this? on laptop i can create my own route my dragging, and then via chrome to phone i can send it to my phone, but i want to know if there is a better way of doing it or a way that i can do it and just use my phone. any suggestions? if there was a way of adding via points would be good?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. joela85

joela85 Member This Topic's Starter

people with similar problems? also no solutions then...

3. furious duck

furious duck Well-Known Member

Not sure I follow.

In maps if I select menu and then directions I get options for start and end points. If I tap the start button I get options for either Current location, contacts, point on map or starred places. The same applies to the end point.

Are you wanting something different?

4. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member

I don't know of any way of putting in via points, hopefully it's an option that will be added sometime. And no, you can't drag to change a route as you can on the PC. But if you set a route, you can hit menu>route info and then touch the icon for an alt route and it will offer a couple of options if available. These options update as you drive.

5. spile

spile Well-Known Member

You really need a separate app like Sygic or CoPilot to do this sort of thing, plus you'll get things like POIs, speedcams, no data use as maps are preinstalled.

6. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

I've done it with My Tracks, dunno if Google Maps works in the same way.

Exported a track from the PC, then used Linda File Manager to "Open With" My Tracks. I think it's an undocumented feature (you can't do it natively as far as I'm aware), but it works. Might be able to do similar with GM? Worth a fiddle perhaps.