• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Nexus One Android phone in Canada?

I was going to order the N1 the other day but i'm going to wait for the X10 to come out.. and watch some reviews... I know someone that works at one of the Rogers warehouses in Toronto. They had said they already have x10 units shipping in... so its only a few weeks could be as soon as the 28th of march or the 1st week of April.

I just want to compare them.. think i'm going to wait before I spend $630 for the Nexus1 or around $199 for the X10 on renew of my contract.

Upvote 0
The Nexus One (codenamed HTC Passion) was Google's flagship smartphone manufactured by Taiwan's HTC Corporation. It became available on January 5, 2010 and uses the Android open source mobile operating system. Features of the phone include the ability to transcribe voice to text, an additional microphone for dynamic noise suppression,and voice guided turn-by-turn navigation to drivers.

The device is sold unlocked (not restricted to use on a single network provider). Google offered T-Mobile and AT&T versions of the phone online in the United States before closing the online store in July 2010. A version for use on Vodafone (European) networks was announced on 26 April 2010, available in the UK on 30 April 2010. On March 16, 2010, the Nexus One device became available on the Google web store for sale in Canada for use with most Canadian carriers. In May 2010 Google announced the closing of the web store, with the intention to distribute the phone through partners around the world.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_One#cite_note-17

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones