• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Nexus Prime: Info, thoughts and speculations.

maggot_ff

Jun 16, 2011
The release date is still uncertain, and not a lot of information is available, but I for once am pretty certain that i will get this device on release. I have had quite a few Android devices in my time, and are currently on a Samsung Galaxy SII, which is absolutely the best phone i've ever owned, but the Nexus Prime makes my mouth all watery, also i have never had a pure android phone.

The only thing worrying me, is the graphical processing unit. There are rumors saying that it will be the PowerVR SGX540, which is, correct me if i'm wrong here, the same unit they used in the original galaxy s. Don't get me wrong, it is surely a capable unit, but shouldn't the next Android flagship be sporting something... idk... newer/faster/more powerful?

Also, the removal of the buttons is a welcome change to me, as i believe the look of the device will be a lot smoother and cleaner. :cool:

But the screen? After owning a Desire HD, Sensation and a galaxy S2, i don't really want to go down from a 4.3" screen, and i'm not certain about a 4,5" either. 4.3" is pretty much perfect for me.

So, anyone here have any info on the "Prime" (if that's what they'll call it)? Will you be getting one? What are your gripes? What's hyping you?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones