• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google now, battery drain

Aominecchi

Lurker
Jun 14, 2013
hi, i am new to this site. first post and i dont know if this is the right forum to ask.
i am having a problem with my LG optimis G.
yes, battery loss.
at first, i wa losing 20% overnyt when i am not even using it. and i found the culprit and its lookout mobile security. i do not recommend that.
after that, it came back to normal, like 5% lost at maxed.

noe something is bothering me again, 10% loss at 6 hours when i am not doing anything to my phone. as in nothing coz i am sleeping. pretty sure that i closed apps, rebooted. but still persists.

this started when i used Google Now. is there some issues in the app? what should i do? last time, maps is draining my juice. but i fixed it now, its not appearing in the app uses. but now i saw another one.. mediaserver and google play services.

can anyone help me with this? thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20130614_130006.jpg
    IMG_20130614_130006.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 119
Personally, I didn't find Google Now had a huge affect on battery - the biggest drain was having WiFi on because Now used it for location. Since Now wasn't really doing much for me, I turned WiFi off. While Now still works, it's marginally less useful.

Re the stats you showed: they look pretty reasonable to me. The screen is the main thing draining your battery, as you'd expect. If you want to conserve battery, your best bet is to reduce screen brightness and the screen time out.

Reactions: lilC
Upvote 0
^ hi, i know that this stats are quite reasonable. but media server and google play services wasn't there before i tried to use google now. what i was saying is that, my battery drains faster after i opened/installed updates on google now. do you know what app uses these things? gServices & mediaserver.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones