• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Now/Search became... ugly

Hey, I'm new here, I searched for solution but didn't notice anyone with the similar problem. I have Nexus 4, latest Android (4.2.2) and updated Google Search, phone is not rooted.

Lately, in fact I believe it happened after latest Seach update, the results became... well, ugly. You know how usually you get this really beautiful card with nice "holo look", using nice big picture and big Roboto font as an answer?

Well it's not happening to me anymore. Here's what the result should look like and how it is on my phone:

google-search-sun01.jpg
google-search-sun02.jpg

On top of that, the results became less accurate. I asked exactly the same question as a guy in a video:

google-search-starry%20night01.jpg
google-search-starry%20night02.jpg

Any ideas what's up with that? I did clear cache and local data. I thought it might be the connection, but even though I'm in Africa now and it's pretty random here, now I'm on fairly fast Wi-Fi.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones