Google Now/Search became... uglySupport

Last Updated: 2013-05-25 18:03:10
  1. Nertez

Nertez New Member

Hey, I'm new here, I searched for solution but didn't notice anyone with the similar problem. I have Nexus 4, latest Android (4.2.2) and updated Google Search, phone is not rooted.

Lately, in fact I believe it happened after latest Seach update, the results became... well, ugly. You know how usually you get this really beautiful card with nice "holo look", using nice big picture and big Roboto font as an answer?

Well it's not happening to me anymore. Here's what the result should look like and how it is on my phone:

[​IMG][​IMG]

On top of that, the results became less accurate. I asked exactly the same question as a guy in a video:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Any ideas what's up with that? I did clear cache and local data. I thought it might be the connection, but even though I'm in Africa now and it's pretty random here, now I'm on fairly fast Wi-Fi.

Advertisement
  2. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

In my (non-expert) opinion I'd say that its not a problem with the app, but with what google's servers are returning to the app.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

It may be your region, from what I've seen Google Now is much better in the US than UK for instance.
  4. Nertez

Nertez New Member

OK so I'm back in Slovakia (EU), and it's still ugly. The thing is that is WAS nice, even in Tanzania (Africa). I don't think it's a region thing. Any ideas? :confused:

But I have to say that since I have better internet now (also 3G but I can FEEL the difference) the voice search recognition works much much better.
  5. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Have a few more beers, that might help.
  6. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Google has become ugly. Had some runins? R deadends with them where they wont take ownership of issues clearly on their desk but provide canned blanket responses where "one fits all" ws their response to a billing issue.
  7. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

To the OP you could try uninstalling the app updates, through app manager, and see if that brings back what you used to have. If it does then just disable auto update on google search.