Google Now Setup

1. drdnaga

drdnaga Member

I just updated my Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean and I was setting up Google Now for the first time. When I did.. it wanted to use my XXX@gmail.com I also have an a gmail corporate e-mail account XXX@adlerchiro.com. I was not able to us the later as I assume it was missing the Gmail.com label.

I deleted my XXX@gmail.com account from the phone (as I don't really use it) thinking it would allow me to run setup again... but now I can't get the screen back where I can setup my cards and have G-NOW learn about me and pop up info (as it is intended to be used)

Anyone have any ideas how I can re-initiate the "Welcome to Google Now" setup screen so that I can set this up even if it means putting my XXX@gmail.com back on my phone.

Addtional info. I setup my son's phone and all of that is working just fine... I do have Google search working and it brings up weather.. scores..etc.. but I have no way of setting up "Cards"

Thanks for your input!

David

Advertisement
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Long press the middle home button, tap the g icon then tap the left menu button and it should bring up the Google now menu with the settings options on it. Not sure if this will work without a gmail account or not though. If it doesn't sign in with a gmail account and run through it again.
    drdnaga likes this.
  3. drdnaga

drdnaga Member

I hold the middle button and I see the "G" and press it. It goes to a box that has "search or say "Google" This work but I dont have an option that will allow me to make changes. When I do this on my son's phone (same phone) I get the nice Google Now look and it comes up with the option for adding cards etc... very confusing.

I would love to simply be able to run through the setup screen again.
  4. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Once you get into the screen you have just described you have to tap the left menu button as I said above and then tap settings. It will give you the option to add cards etc.
  5. drdnaga

drdnaga Member

I did just that and I get G voice and those options.... its as if I am using only part of the Google Now app... I think I need to find out how to get back to the original setup Google Now screen.. and that should do it.
  6. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I haven't tried this, but it is just a guess. There is an app listed in Manage Apps, under the All Tab that is Google One Time Init. Maybe if you clear data and cache on that it will restart the Google Now functionality.

Can't hurt (too bad!!)

BigRedGonzo
    drdnaga likes this.
  7. drdnaga

drdnaga Member

BigRed... I looked for what you suggested but did not find it... but I did remove Google Search updates and that did it! I re-installed the search and then it started the setup again. This time I left my XXX@Gmail.com account in and it is all good. Even though my other is a Gmail Business e-mail... it didn't like my domain for Google Now. I hope that this thread will help others. Thank you both for your participation.

David