• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now voice activating during music play while driving

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3FhYyZb-tspb0Z0UlJsMHFiWVE

Above is a screenshot of my issue. This happens when I am driving while listening to spotify which is a huge problem as I have to press the back button on my phone to go back to my music, pretty much I have to fumble and be distracted by my phone while I'm driving. I plug in a AUX cord into my HTC Desire phone and it seems that any slight movement or jiggling of the AUX cable causes that screenshot to pop up, interrupting my music and prompting me to search. I do not have a software update available and I have turned off or adjusted every option I have found in Google Settings and in the phone Settings. Now I could always try another cable but this is still a huge problem that needs to be addressed by HTC for the safety of people using their HTC phone for music while driving. Does anyone have this issue and is their a easy fix to get this issue resolved? I would like to listen to my music interruption free while I am driving so I can stay focused on the road.

I'm afraid this is the forum for the original Desire (2010 flagship), which I suspect is not the phone you have. Even if it is, I'm about the only person left here and I always uninstall Google's search apps so have no experience of this. You might do better in a more general area of the forum: just use the report button to report your own post and use the form to ask the moderator to move it to a more appropriate area.

If the slightest jiggle causes this it could be the cable or that the socket is getting worn. So it may be that nobody else has experienced this - I've never had it with any phone, but as noted I don't have any voice search apps, and also remove all "car mode" type stuff as well, so probably don't have whatever app this is (I don't actually recognise it).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones