Google nowSupport

1. shengfu10

shengfu10 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone
    I just upgrade my HTC one x to android4.1.1.
    I tried to use Google now but you won't respond me.
    Google now won't talk back to me.
    Need help

Advertisement
  2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

when did you get the update? almost none/none of us have it...

can you do us a favor and post in this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/639352-theyre-starting-get-jb-2.html that you have it and where you are and when you got it?

As for Google Now, since none of us have the update yet, we don't really know how google now works exactly, maybe post in the applications or general support forums?
  3. shengfu10

Well i live in Taiwan.
    I saw the update yesterday~~
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It won't always talk back, what sort of questions are you asking it? If you ask things like "How old is XXX", it will speak an answer, but other times, it will just search for you.

It will also talk back if you add appointments to calendars, set alarms etc.
  5. shengfu10

Google now can't talk back even is Weather question or how tall is the building?
    After the upgrading i use all the time but none of the question he talks back to me~~
  6. neilgarr

neilgarr Active Member

It only responds if u have language set to english(usa) option
  7. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Without having the update it will be hard to help with this one but I remember seeing something about it and apparently there is a voice setting somewhere that needs to be turned on to always.. sorry if that's a bit vague
  8. shengfu10

Yes i am on English(US)
  9. shengfu10

I think it's always hands off
    I already try that but still nothing...
  10. benitorios

benitorios Well-Known Member

I saw a tip about this on the XDA forum saying that you need to:

1. clear cache and data from Google Now (essentially reset the app)
    2. Download and run a locale-changing app like MoreLocale 2 or Locale Select
    3. Choose English US as locale for the phone
    4. Run Google Now and perform initial setup in it - select English as language
    5. Later, you're free to revert your phone locale to whatever it was. In theory, Google Now should remember your initial setting to English US

I can't test nor verify any of the above since I'm still on 4.0.4, but it seemed to have worked for folks on XDA.
    El Presidente likes this.
  11. Fonzig

Fonzig Well-Known Member

Make sure you have your Media volume turned up too!
  12. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Just stuck on CM10 and within Google Now settings, there's an option for voice. Is that set to headset only?