Google NowGeneral

1. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

So, even though I don't have this phone, yet, I'm wondering if there is any way to be able to put Google Now on it? I understand it's a Jelly Bean app, but I'd love to have it on the Spirit 4G. I am planning on getting it in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

As far as I know, that's impossible without root.
    alfick3 likes this.
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too. I hadn't done a lot of research on it yet, so wasn't certain though.
  4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

It needs to replace some stuff in the system folder so yeah sammyz right no root, no google now
    sammyz and alfick3 like this.
  5. Idrish

Idrish Well-Known Member

From my experience... on my Evo 4G running paranoid Android 4.0.4 (had other jellybean ROMs but didn't use) but when I was on 4.0.4 there was a guide on how to install google now on ice cream sandwich.... obviously out required root but the only thing that didn't work on google now on 4.0.4 was you can't talk into it.. just type instead but it still works: ))) so yeah it's possible... very possible with root... just search "HTC Evo 4g" or like"google now ON ICS " it's possible dudes: ) just follow the guide.. took approximately 10 minutes
    alfick3 and sammyz like this.
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

We know it's possible, we just don't have root yet :p
    alfick3 likes this.