• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google "Other Contacts" Problem

cprelude

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
Hi all, when my client creates a contact on his Android phone it synchs with Google Contacts OK, but is immediately added to "Other Contacts" in Gmail. This means he has to move all his new Contacts in to "My Contacts" periodically, which is an unnecessary step in what should be an automatic process. Why on earth is "Other Contacts" being used by default during the synching process? Is there a way round this problem, even using alternative an Contacts synching app, which he would be happy to buy?

Paul

Hey Paul, I moved your thread to the Google forum here.

I don't have a good answer for you but when adding a contact, there should be a selection box as to where the contact can be saved: (under the "Groups" box)

Screenshot_2013-07-01-06-23-48.png

Upvote 0
Hi there Mike...

No problem with moving the thread...Thanks for clarifying. But unfortunately, in my client's OS there is no "save to group" option, as you rightly suggest should be there, when he creates a new contact...! And that, to be honest, is why we are so puzzled with this situation. I can't remember whether I had that option on my HTC Desire (which I used to own). I will try to find out his OS version number and report back. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones