• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google out sells iPhone....

Lol.. Its irrelevent..

Most of my customers have their priorities wayyy out of place to begin with..

I sell my customer what my customer wants.. If they are open to hearing about another phone, I discuss it with them if they are not, what do I care?

I got bills to pay and sales quota's to meet. I sell more android's than iphones but, that is because I am not going to talk anyone dead set on an iphone out of one.. And I am not going to talk anyone into an iphone who is borderline/skiddish because, I really don't want a return on my name. Sprint makes it very easy to get someone on the android side though. All it takes is pointing out they are stuck with whatever phone they get, and it is only 50$ for the htc hero.

If an iphone suits my customers needs, so be it.. but, I haven't run across a customer who really had a need for one more than any other phone.. where I work anyone who wants one already has one.. In my home town it is easier to sell them because, everyone already has one.. so all the kids want one as well.. Sad really.. but, its their money and they can afford it so w/e.

Where I work however, people walk in asking about iphones who should really be more worried about other things in life...

Upvote 0
I hope the x10 makes its way south of canada's border. I would love to see one...

Although if I can get the n1 for 10$ a month instead of 30$ that would be a big selling point for me.. Get the n1 for my birthday and my parents may pick up an extra 10$ fee a month.. 30$ on the other hand >.>;

*Edit*

One drawback to being a salesman.. You can sell yourself on things... which I do.. more so than to anyone else.

Upvote 0
At&t has a 30$ a month data package for 'smart phones' and a 15$ a month data package for 'dumb phones'.

If you have 30$ family texting package 'dumb phone' data is 10$ instead of 15$..

If I can pass off the n1 as a "dumb phone" I pay 10$.. So.. I should have 250$ when I get the rest of my taxes in..then my birthday is coming up soon enough for me to start thinking about what I want.. and If I agree to pay half.. I may get an n1.. especially if its 10$ unlimited data.

Upvote 0
At&t has a 30$ a month data package for 'smart phones' and a 15$ a month data package for 'dumb phones'.

If you have 30$ family texting package 'dumb phone' data is 10$ instead of 15$..

If I can pass off the n1 as a "dumb phone" I pay 10$.. So.. I should have 250$ when I get the rest of my taxes in..then my birthday is coming up soon enough for me to start thinking about what I want.. and If I agree to pay half.. I may get an n1.. especially if its 10$ unlimited data.

Rogers has the same sort of thing, but they circumvent it by the IMEI on the account, if the IMEI is a smartphone then only the smartphone plans show, if the IMEI is a dumbphone, well you get my drift. But when you use an IMEI that isn't Rogers branded, the system defaults to the smartphone plans and doesn't even give the other options. Maybe AT&T has the same protection in place

Upvote 0
I have heard of people getting away with lesser data plans.

I am about to update my imei actually.. I am using a samsung impression but, a grandfathered e71x is on my account.

I wonder if I could just update it to samsung impression add data and stick it in n1.. It all is relevent to whether or not they have the n1 imei or not x.x

Upvote 0
I have heard of people getting away with lesser data plans.

I am about to update my imei actually.. I am using a samsung impression but, a grandfathered e71x is on my account.

I wonder if I could just update it to samsung impression add data and stick it in n1.. It all is relevent to whether or not they have the n1 imei or not x.x

Thats true, you could put a dumbphone IMEI in, but the other thing is I know rogers plans track if its WAP browsing or HTML, WAP being included on the dumbphone plans and HTML being standard data, so basically if you have a WAP plan and use HTML then you're boned. But that could be my corporate brainwashing saying that

Upvote 0
hm. Any possibility is reason for me to worry..

However, I know one person in real life who is doing what I have suggested..

I have no doubt there are ways they can find out.. but, I guess since it is a 3rd party phone the issue defaults to "can they tell its a nexus one" XD

I keep thinking data is just that data..Everything I have heard about is that they track by imei.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones