Google pauses Android 4.0 upgrade for Nexus S

Last Updated:

1. AmericanJoe

AmericanJoe Active Member

2. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

I have a strong feeling that something very wrong is going on with this ICS c*ap :| ...what are we ??? lab rats ?
  3. joecool2

joecool2 Member

I downloaded it and love it the one thing I dont like is the battery life but thats expected
  4. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Battery life should be similar to Gingerbread. Try doing a factory reset to wipe the phone and let it initialize the new firmware.
  5. joecool2

joecool2 Member

If I do a factory reset wont I loss all my apps and contacts?
  6. OnlySkillz

OnlySkillz Well-Known Member

So when are we getting 4.0 already? In Canada I mean, these guys take freaking forever. It was announced on October 19th, and we are approaching the 3 month mark. I stopped caring a long time ago, but at least they shouldn't announce it and delay it like this, as it stays on the back of everyone's mind.
  7. megadude

megadude Well-Known Member

you will lose both your apps and your contacts, you can export your contacts onto your SD but there's nothing you can do about your apps.

Think of it as an advantage. 4.0.3 has many bugs.
  8. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

Contacts sync up with the cloud as soon as you setup your account on the device unless you insist on not using it. On the other hand there's all sorts of apps to backup up everything including apps.

agreed, the current ICS is a dog compared to a well groomed GB rom. I can wait. I've already flashed back to GB until ICS is ironed out.
  9. megadude

which guide did you follow?
  10. vikingisson

I just restored the nandroid backup I made a couple days earlier. I was already on a good GB rom so it was painless to flash back. I stay far away from official factory roms with their bootloaders and bloat.
    megadude likes this.
  11. megadude

could you please specify which rom are you using?
  12. vikingisson

I'm using Nexus MV from XDA.
    megadude likes this.
  13. santacrab

santacrab New Member

Which bugs are you talking about? I'm using it and I love it. Almost no problem at all; surely much better that any other unofficial ROMs I've tested so far...
  14. jonygitar

jonygitar Member

yes, something is terribly wrong with my ics phone, garbage presently
  15. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Acer also postponed ICS for tablets. It was supposed to be upgraded last month but has been pushed back to April. New clones seem to be shipping with it.

I'd rather wait for a couple of months and see how it performs or it gets the bugs out.
  16. chillout010

chillout010 Member

I was pretty excited at first, but I don't think i care anymore. My Nexus S works perfectly fine anyway.

And I will probably be upgrading to an Galaxy S3, so why even bother.
  17. monsterduc1000

monsterduc1000 Well-Known Member

I am loving CM9 nightly. It runs amazingly smooth with no issues that I have found yet.
  18. amoiz0322

amoiz0322 New Member

Same happwning with me. I want ics update to install please help me. I would be very thankful