Google Phone Gallery - Bing need not apply

Last Updated:

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last night, Google Mobile Blog announced Google Phone Gallery - "a showcase of Android-powered devices that deliver the best Google experience today".

The first thing that caught my attention was that:
    As I expected, the Samsung Fascinate is nowhere to be found. I expect several other models are conspicuous by their omission.

Android is open - giving free general admission to ride the Android train. But there are some rules if you want to ride in the first class car.

Advertisement
  2. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

Interesting omission. The Fascinate isn't a bad phone by any means, but Google must be feeling peeved.

Can't say that I blame them.

3. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Well, but taking a decent phone and putting Bing on it does kind of kill a major part functionality. Using search to find things is a usefu feature, I use it at work all the time when the stipid proxy blocks the answer to stop code 0x00000c5 from the server that crashed for example. Having to use Bing and being not able to search/find anything would remove that useful feature. have you ever tried to find something with Bing, give it a try and after you've been through a doze or so pages of useless results try the same search in google and find the answer on the first page.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

^+1

5. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

To be honest the site is a bit crap with lots of omissions. If you click on UK it seems to think only HTC and Samsung make Android phones. What about SE etc? The Fascinate omission is probably just for the same reasons .... forgotten, not got round to it yet etc.

And why do some phones have 'with Google' against them? Surely they all are? Even within manufacturers some have and some don't.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well, at least somebody here read more of the whole site. ;)