• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Phone / Gphone

I don't believe this Google Phone is real , Why would Google release a phone that would be in direct competition with some of it's clients? :)

If it is true however , I'd be real interested of the specs and what Google can bring to the table hardware wise , They've already got the software part sorted :D

Upvote 0
I don't believe this Google Phone is real , Why would Google release a phone that would be in direct competition with some of it's clients? :)

By clients, do you mean the android phone manufacturers? They are more of a supplier of the android OS than a seller since android has been open source since Oct 2008. I may be wrong, correct me if I am.

And Google's phone would benefit from the progression of the android platform along with the other phone manufacturers since it would be an android based phone.

From the current rumors (VoIP only) the only people the gPhone will hurt are the cell phone carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc) since it won't use voice plans. But I'm sure the carriers will come up with some new unlimited (and expensive) date plan to carry the gPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones