Google Phone / Gphone

Last Updated:

1. geekabilly

geekabilly Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I don't believe this Google Phone is real , Why would Google release a phone that would be in direct competition with some of it's clients? :)

If it is true however , I'd be real interested of the specs and what Google can bring to the table hardware wise , They've already got the software part sorted :D

3. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

By clients, do you mean the android phone manufacturers? They are more of a supplier of the android OS than a seller since android has been open source since Oct 2008. I may be wrong, correct me if I am.

And Google's phone would benefit from the progression of the android platform along with the other phone manufacturers since it would be an android based phone.

From the current rumors (VoIP only) the only people the gPhone will hurt are the cell phone carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc) since it won't use voice plans. But I'm sure the carriers will come up with some new unlimited (and expensive) date plan to carry the gPhone.

4. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

One great thing! If the gPhone is really VoIP then Google will HAVE TO start true phone number porting with Google Voice for the people who are leaving traditional cell phones for their gPhone. I can finally port my home number to my Google Voice number!!! NO HOME PHONE BILL!

5. kafkef

kafkef Well-Known Member

Seems like it's been handed out to Google employees. Supposedly built by HTC and coming in January.

The Google Phone Cometh?