• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Photos, iPhone, FB

Jammor

Lurker
Jun 13, 2015
I'm trying to convert my wife from apple photos to google photos but one hang up is when she tries to post a picture from her phone onto a friend's FB site, the only option she's given is to get photos from her Apple photo roll. Is is possible to get the iPhone to default to Google Photos for posting pics on another's FB site? Or at least, offer Google Photos as an option instead of only offering Apple's photo roll?

I realize this is an Android forum but since this is about an android app, I thought I'd start here before I go to the apple forums who probably know nothing about Android Apps.

thx in advance.

Well as I'm sure you know, the android version will share pics to Facebook so it's obviously an ios limitation and I'm sorry to say but an apple forum (shudder) is probably your best bet.
Does the ios app have the share function but it just doesn't list Facebook as an option?

From the Google Photos app, she can post to her FB account (Push). What she cannot do is from FB, choose to post pics from Google Photos (Pull). It only allows her to get photos from her apple photo roll. Google photos isn't an option when posting pics in the FB app. This is a Google Photos show stopper for her. =-(

As soon as her photos are backed up to Google photos, I want to completely delete them from her apple photo roll so as to avoid the 5GB limitation she runs into every couple of weeks.

I was hoping someone on this forum could tell me there's a setting to switch to allow one to choose Google Photos as the source while within the FB acct on an iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones