google pinyin ime on hardware keyboardSupport

Last Updated:

1. tvpirate

tvpirate New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Is there a way to input the exclamation mark "!" When i'm using the gooogle pinyin ime on the milestone's hardware keyboard? In fact there shld be plenty of other symbols i cant find on the hardkeyboard, just that i havent realised it yet.

Currently any time i want to input the "!" I have to shut the hardkeyboard and go to the soft keyboard for the symbols menu and this feels semi-******ed...

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

Hmm. It's just alt-S on my (UK) Milestone. If yours doesn't have it on any letter key have you looked under alt-SPACE (SYM) to see if it's hidden in there?

3. tvpirate

Thanks for the reply John, but perhaps i wasnt clear.:)

I'm using google's chinese input ime keyboard, and am typing chinese characters using the milestone's hardkeyboard. During which i cant find the chinese pinyin ime "!" Settings.

Alt+s is "!" Only in english keyboards. In the chinese pinyin keyboard an alt+s is still an "s".

Any chinese pinyin users?

4. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

Sorry about that. It's quite funny really; I had no idea what "pinyin ime" is but assumed it was just some keyboard vomit especially since you put too many o's in the word "Google" that immediately preceded it :)

Anyway, I definitely can't help you with Chinese, I'm barely literate in my native English according to one of my German friends who keeps correcting my grammar...

5. tvpirate

No worries John, the sentiment is very much appreciated. :) Are there no Chinese google pinyin ime users around here?