• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google pinyin ime on hardware keyboard

tvpirate

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
Hi all,

Is there a way to input the exclamation mark "!" When i'm using the gooogle pinyin ime on the milestone's hardware keyboard? In fact there shld be plenty of other symbols i cant find on the hardkeyboard, just that i havent realised it yet.

Currently any time i want to input the "!" I have to shut the hardkeyboard and go to the soft keyboard for the symbols menu and this feels semi-******ed...

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply John, but perhaps i wasnt clear.:)

I'm using google's chinese input ime keyboard, and am typing chinese characters using the milestone's hardkeyboard. During which i cant find the chinese pinyin ime "!" Settings.

Alt+s is "!" Only in english keyboards. In the chinese pinyin keyboard an alt+s is still an "s".

Any chinese pinyin users?

Upvote 0
Sorry about that. It's quite funny really; I had no idea what "pinyin ime" is but assumed it was just some keyboard vomit especially since you put too many o's in the word "Google" that immediately preceded it :)

Anyway, I definitely can't help you with Chinese, I'm barely literate in my native English according to one of my German friends who keeps correcting my grammar...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones