Google Places or Stock Browser Causing 100% Awake?

Last Updated:

1. mrosenberg

mrosenberg Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi guys. I have been posting semi steadily about my 100% awake time. I've reset the phone twice now. The first time, my 8% awake time lasted one night before reverting to 100%. This most recent time, it lasted about 3 days around 8%. I've been trying to pay close attention to what apps I use to see if any of them are causing the 100% awake time, and as far as I can tell, the only difference last night (when my phone went back to 100% awake), and before (when it hovered between 8-12%) was extended use of the browser and Google Places. I had used both before in short uses (maybe 4-5 minutes at a time) and I was still running normal awake time, but last night I used them each for about 20-30 minutes. Since then, I'm at 100%.

Has anyone had this experience?

Also, despite the upgrade and the hard resets, I found that I had to use the Handcent workaround, but I don't see that as related here.

2. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    The only thing I've noticed, post update, was my awake time went from 13% to around 26%

If you think that the stock browser is causing you issues, I highly recommend giving dolphin web browser a try. I've been using it since yesterday and its quicker than the stock browser and has more options available to you. Maybe it'll help solve your awake problems.