• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play (.25 apps)

I got Drake's album Take Care in the .25 deal a few days ago. There's a couple of songs I like on it, but I knew that I wasn't a big fan of the entire album, so I hadn't already bought it. It was worth the 25 cents, though.

But I have to say that I really dislike Google Play Music/ whateveritscalled. I started using Amazon to buy music a few weeks back and it's been really user friendly. I can buy on my computer and it will auto download to my phone (I think it's auto- if not, one click). And then downloads a file to my computer, which will then download the album to it and import it into iTunes. Pretty easy, and good deals.

Well with Google Music, it took a little while to figure out how to make it download to the phone. I had to turn sync back on for it, since I had turned it off when I got the phone. So then it finally downloaded to the phone ("Make available offline", is what I clicked). So it d/l'ed and I turned it on airplane mode to check, and it worked. So then I checked if it showed up in Uber Music, which is what I use on my phone. It didn't. So I searched for the music files on my phone. I couldn't ever find them and I'm assuming they're in some hidden directory (I'm not rooted). So then I had to download to my computer, which wasn't too difficult-- it has a similar installer on it, but I just did the manual way. Then I had to transfer those files to the phone from the computer.

So any way, it was a good deal for the album, but I won't be using the Market/ Play to buy music again.

Thanks for the heads up on Tune In. I just bought it. Sounds like it's way better than iHeart.

Upvote 0
I cant buy music through market in canada even though i have google music..

Kind of a piss off as id buy alot of music.

Amazon music and amazon app store doesnt work either

Canada really gets the shaft on mobile stuff.

That stinks that you guys get the shaft on the sort of thing. Amazon is a good system if they ever get it going up there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones