Google play 3.8.17 crashes. Impossible to use.

1. elguapador

elguapador New Member

Hi all,

Very frustrating. Bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 yesterday and trying to download my old apps. Only way to do it seems to be through Google play (yes, I'm behind). It seems many people have had problems with this app but as the new update only came out yesterday there don't seem to be any solutions.

So I open the app, search for something, get to the download page and it crashes every time without fail. I've tried forcing close, emptying the cache etc. and even uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck at all.

Is it just a bugged update? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

log into google play on your PC and try that, it will send downloads to your phone/tablet on said account.
  3. elguapador

elguapador New Member

Linked on the phone but not on the website. Really not a fantastically designed system.

Anyway, I really don't want to have to that every time I want an app.
  4. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

nothing to link, just log into google play with the same email address as on phone. Its not rocket science and
    it would get you around the problem till google updates the app if its truly their problem, if not, you should of had root uninstaller or titanium back up, RU best as its auto backs up all apps on new version installs. So you can go back.

here is a copy of the previous version
    https://www.box.com/shared/9779315e01cf602d09d1
  5. elguapador

elguapador New Member

Managed to hook up google play on the PC, but apps don't download from the website even after downloading easy installer. Might have something to do with me being in China and China hating Google...

Ay ay ay ay ay