• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Play and DRM on Rooted phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarsho

Mar 21, 2011
Wondering if anyone has found a reliable and non-malicious patch for Google Play to overcome the DRM limitations of a rooted phone?

I did Google it, and found a couple claiming to do so, but am worried about malicious code per the sticky warning.

I don't have a problem with using DRM (too much), especially for rented media, but the restrictions should be to recording, not overall access and preventing viewing.

The one thing they are never going to be able to overcome is that air gap between the device and the human; there are many old school ways to copy everything in that gap.

Wondering if anyone has found a reliable and non-malicious patch for Google Play to overcome the DRM limitations of a rooted phone?

I did Google it, and found a couple claiming to do so, but am worried about malicious code per the sticky warning.

I don't have a problem with using DRM (too much), especially for rented media, but the restrictions should be to recording, not overall access and preventing viewing.

The one thing they are never going to be able to overcome is that air gap between the device and the human; there are many old school ways to copy everything in that gap.

Unfortunately attempting to circumvent DRM is illegal and not something we can discuss here at Android Forums. Sorry!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones