Google Play/Android 4.0.4

Last Updated:

1. Neiriel

Neiriel New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am looking at some tablets for a friends daughter and have found a fairly cheap one that look suitable spec wise etc, in the description it says it has android 4.0.4 and mentions that it has Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Maps etc and says it supports file explorer/Google explorer but it doesn't say anything about having Google Play on it, as it is Android 4.0.4 does it automatically come with Google Play store. I have contacted the company to ask to be sure but just wondered if it was always included as long as it has an Android OS after 2.2
    Thank you all in advance :)

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The Play Store must be licensed from Google to be included with the device. Android version is no guarantee that Play will be included.

Those cheap tablets and phones ... just don't expect any updates or support.
  3. Neiriel

Neiriel New Member

Thank you for your reply, this tablet is unbranded and quite cheap so I am edging towards it not having it installed, the problem is spending a lot of money on a tablet for a 6 year old is probably not a good idea when it is bound to be dropped etc, they want a 10" but I'm having trouble finding one for a decent price (maximum of
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Buying off-brand is always iffy. I have had both good and bad experiences but it always requires a little luck. I can't point you to a specific make or model, but I would recommend dealing with a vendor that has contact information so if you have problems you can return it.