• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play / Android Market

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I got an archos g90 for my daughter and downloaded a few apps onto it from the market. I had to use my credit card details for some so set up a Google account. The problem now is that when I go onto the market now that account is linked to my daughters tablet so she can buy any app without a password or anything. She hasn't done it but could potentially.

Is there any way to set up a password on your Google account from the market?

Thanks in advance

Ric

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I got an archos g90 for my daughter and downloaded a few apps onto it from the market. I had to use my credit card details for some so set up a Google account. The problem now is that when I go onto the market now that account is linked to my daughters tablet so she can buy any app without a password or anything. She hasn't done it but could potentially.

Is there any way to set up a password on your Google account from the market?

Thanks in advance

Ric

It's your Gmail account password. Change that and don't tell her!

If she can access the Market it can only be because you're logged on to your Google Gmail account.

I think!

However, if you still want her to have the same Google account you can always change your credit card number to a fake one so that no transactions will be authorised.

Upvote 0
However, if you still want her to have the same Google account you can always change your credit card number to a fake one so that no transactions will be authorised.

I did actually change the last 3 numbers on the back of the card but it still worked :eek:

On my iPhone I have to put in a password every time I buy something. It just seems more secure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones