Google Play app won't openSupport

1. Jacobsdad

Jacobsdad Member

I got through four pages of looking for this topic thread under support and didn't find anything, so here I am. I've been having issues with the Google Play app.. It won't open. It appears to load then it quickly disappears. I've been on both WIFI and the network as this happens. I've gone to the app and forced stopped it, cleared data and cache, restarted phone, pulled battery and shut down- all to no avail. This is very annoying. Is there something I'm missing. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Carrier: Verizon
    Phone: Samsung GS3
    Android Version: 4.1.1

Advertisement
    :
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Man, i was gona tell u to clear cache n data but youve been there.
    Next thing id do is uninstall updates if the option is there :thumbup:
    Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Try clearing the data and cache for " Google Services Framework" also :)
  4. Jacobsdad

Jacobsdad Member

Thanks Funky and Mike- clearing the framework didn't help.
    This is what it tells me following restart: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.
    Any clues?
    I'm now running 4.1.2
  5. Mikestony

Are you rooted? Were you rooted?
  6. Jacobsdad

Jacobsdad Member

Never.
    I'm currently backing everything onto Backup Assistant Plus and thinking of doing a reset unless I can find a solution.
  7. Mikestony

I think it would be in your best interest to backup like you are doing, then factory reset. Especially after an update :)
  8. funkylogik

Ive had that error before but it was on my 1st android when i deleted a system app.
    Yeah id try a factory reset then if that doesnt work, youre probs gona have to flash the official firmware again. Its fairly simple n safe.
    Have u tried uninstalling playstore updates in app manager?.. if u do, it will update itself in a while so itl be the same as reinstalling the playstore app
    Jacobsdad and Mikestony like this.
  9. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Also might try just wiping the cache partition before the Factory reset and see if it may help.
    1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
    3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the buttons.
    4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, let go of the Volume Up and Home keys.
    5. Press the Volume Down key to move to and highlight wipe cache partition.
    6. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache partition.
    7. After the wipe is finished, go back up till reboot system now is highlighted and press the Power key to restart the phone.
    Jacobsdad likes this.
  10. thepervster

thepervster Active Member

Your downloads are probably disabled ...go into your settings then application manager scroll over to all. go all the way to bottom you should see downloads click enable. thats what i did works good now.
    Jacobsdad likes this.
  11. Jacobsdad

Jacobsdad Member

12. sirchewed

sirchewed New Member

Thank you so much! I've been trawling forums and was just about to resign myself to the fact I'd have to factory reset and wipe everything. This worked perfectly!
  13. no1noes

no1noes New Member

@thepervster

You are freakin' awesome!! I had a problem with opening my Google Play Store on my Samsung Tab 2 and couldn't find a solution online untill I came across yours. Thanks for your posting.
  14. dan88cowboys

dan88cowboys New Member

Dude u r a legend. Thank u so much for your help. So simple.
  15. drake25

drake25 New Member

Hi Guys, i am in a place that Youtube is not available... can anyone explain the simple instructions of what is done on the video to fix this issue? i am confused, tried everything and still having the problem....

appreciate any feedback
  16. funkylogik

Are you in a country where youtube isnt avilable or is it just on this phone it isnt working?
  17. Mikestony

Welcome drake25!

On the video, he said to go into menu/settings/application manager/all.
    Scroll to the very bottom and look for download manager.
    Make sure it is enabled.

Let us know if that works! :D
    funkylogik likes this.
  18. ThetravelingV

ThetravelingV New Member

I was having the exact same problem as Jacobsdad described above and was about to resort to a full reset but the link to the short youtube video solved my problem.

Thank you for sharing your solution!
    funkylogik likes this.
  19. funkylogik

Welcome to the community :beer::beer: did you find this place through googling the problem?
  20. shansenwy

shansenwy New Member

I had the same problem and fixed it on my Samsung Galaxy.
    Go to Application Manager in Settings...slide over until you are in the "All" section.
    Once there, scroll all the way down until you see all of the applications that have the word "disabled" to the right.
    I enabled them all. My phone went crazy updating everything and now it works fine.
    I'm not sure which one made it work, I'll have to mess with it later because I don't like everything enabled, but at least it got the play store working!
    Good luck:)
  21. shansenwy

shansenwy New Member

I had the same problem and fixed it on my Samsung Galaxy.
    Go to Application Manager in Settings...slide over until you are in the "All" section.
    Once there, scroll all the way down until you see all of the applications that have the word "disabled" to the right.
    I enabled them all. My phone went crazy updating everything and now it works fine.
    I'm not sure which one made it work, I'll have to mess with it later because I don't like everything enabled, but at least it got the play store working!
    Good luck:)