• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play crashes

iceman9

Lurker
Dec 27, 2014
When I initiate Google Play the app crashes. All I get is a screen flash and return to the original screen.
Once I received a message saying Google Play has stopped.
I'm looking for advice on how to get the Google Play app to make the connection to the Google Play Store.

What device have you got, make and model? Has Play ever worked? - if so try clearing its cache and data from the device's settings.
Device: Motorola Droid Maxx HD which is rooted.
Google Play did work at one time.
I have tried clearing Play's cache and data as well as looking at the host file but there were no entries for Google Play in the host file.
My knowledge of working with an Android device is rather limited but I have read where I might have to do a factory reset to get Google Play operational. While I do backups on my desktop I am uncertain as to how to backup all my data/apps on my phone prior to completing a factory reset.........which I will have to learn how to complete as well.
I appreciate your taking time to consider my problem(s).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones