• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play - Force Close and Error (905)

jimbo78255

Nov 28, 2009
For the last 3 days, Play will often Force Close instead of running, or if it runs, it refuses to Update or Download - each time with a "xxx could not be downloaded due to an error. (905)"

I have cleared data and cache, but to no avail. Any thoughts or advice?

TIA

One thing that I would try: from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the Google Play Store, tap it, and tap the button "uninstall updates". The first time that you run the store, it may update to the new store again. It may be that the last update installed incorrectly.

Reactions: tvharen
Upvote 0
I also got sgs plus and seem to have the same problem with the play store (error 905), obviously deleting the store updates everytime you need to update is a silly way to solve the issue so im hoping somebody will fix this issue soon!

Google may have fixed it for your version clementine_3, but im still not able to update or download anything :(

Upvote 0
what do you have to uninstall and how?

This:

One thing that I would try: from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the Google Play Store, tap it, and tap the button "uninstall updates". The first time that you run the store, it may update to the new store again. It may be that the last update installed incorrectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones