Google Play Market Hacked???Support

Last Updated: 2012-03-29 18:26:38
  1. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

I was just checking Google Play for any updates to my apps, and found this. I have no idea what it is, as it is not in English, and made sure no app with such a name is actually installed on my tablet. But also notice there is only an "Open" button in the right hand listing. Apps which have an update normally have 3 choices of buttons there: Open or Update or Uninstall.

See attached screen shot.

This is obviously something undesirable. Is there a way to make this be removed from my Updates column on the left?

Edit - After reading the sticky Android Market 3rd party source warning, I should mention that I am running which ever copy of Android Market was provided along with Thor's HC 14.2 ROM, and that it triggered the conversion from Market to Google Play on its own. I did not attempt to download any Market or Google Play apks.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I haven't noticed anything like this before myself... I will have a bit of a look to see what I can find for you!
  3. D-U-R-X

I've been thinking about this a little and think I remember something similar when I had a different ROM on my phone... if it is showing as update like that, but you didn't install it, it could be that it was an app that came with the ROM, so it could be worth checking with Thor to see if it is something that he included!
  4. Zoandroid

Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll post this over on the XDA thread for this ROM. It puzzles me though why there is only the "Open" button on the RH listing. It just feels to me like someone is doing all they can to get me to tap on that button, which I have no intention of doing, especially before finding out where this originated.
  5. D-U-R-X

Zoandroid likes this.
  6. Zoandroid

Thanks. I added my story to that thread. It appears Google Play has a bug and/or security leak.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  7. D-U-R-X

No worries... when I saw that thread (especially that post), I thought about your issue and thought it worth sharing!!
  8. Zoandroid

I think under these circumstances I'll just wait and see if they release another Play Store update soon which will hopefully fix things. :)
  9. Zoandroid

This morning I had 4 apps in the update list on my tablet, but the mysterious app previously discussed was gone. Hopefully Google figured out what was going on and dealt with it on their server. :)
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  10. D-U-R-X

Thanks for the update!!
  11. VelosCohagen

VelosCohagen Member

Had the same thing on my tab. It's gone, too.
  12. Zoandroid

That's good news. Now if it will just stay that way. :p