1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Google Play Music Automatically Switches

1. ndh777

ndh777 Well-Known Member

When I play a song on Play Music and it finishes and switches to the next song without me switching it, it automatically switches the sound from going to my headphones and begins playing the song through my device's speaker. This never happened on any of my other phones and it happens lots of times.

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

Do you notice the same behavior with other music players?
    ndh777 likes this.
  3. RyanB

Upon further thought, does it happen with any other audio, like when you're playing a game or listening to a podcast? Have you tried different headphones and gotten the same result? I'm suspecting that it's the jack you're plugging in to, in which case you can try spraying some canned air into it and hope for the best.
    ndh777 likes this.
  4. ndh777

ndh777 Well-Known Member

Thanks, RyanB.

Well, that's the thing. It doesn't seem to do it in any other application on my phone. And I use the headphones on other devices and equipment and it doesn't do that like on my laptop listening to iTunes. It only happened when listening to Play Music but not apps like YouTube and it only happened when the song went from one to the next without me touching it. However, if I skipped to the next song, it wouldn't do it. It was weird.

I uninstalled Play Music and re-installed it and it seems that the issue is fixed. I'm not sure what was causing it but it's fixed now lol
  5. ndh777

ndh777 Well-Known Member

Scratch that...it did it to me again today. I have no idea why or what's going on!
  6. RyanB

Do you have any other audio apps installed, like volume boosters or mixers?
  7. ndh777

ndh777 Well-Known Member

You mean like Beats Audio? None of those sort of apps whatsoever. I am also using the stock headphones that came with my Galaxy S III.